The BMCC is located at Parker Adventist Hospital, off of E-470 and 83. You can find our beautiful facility at 9395 Crown Crest Blvd, Parker, CO 80138.
A Colorado Institution
Parker Adventist Hospital has been providing award winning healthcare service as a Colorado treatment destination since opening its doors in 2004. The hospital offers community members a full range of services, including neurosurgery, spine surgery, comprehensive cancer care, and bariatric surgery.
From the beginning, Parker has served hundreds of thousands of patients, many of them in the Denver area. The hospital has also served the people of Colorado, as well as patients from Illinois, Kansas, Arizona, Wyoming, and New Mexico as a regional destination hospital.
Parker Adventist Hospital draws on the model set by the healing ministry of Jesus, to extend this healing ministry to care for those most in need. The nonprofit hospital and its foundation, the Parker Hospital Foundation, offers a variety of charitable programs:
- Adoption Support program, which offers free classes to loving families wishing to adopt, and also offers support during the adoption process.
- Equestrian Helmets program, which strives to reduce head injuries (which make up 60 percent of equestrian-related deaths) by providing free community safety seminars and helmets for young equestrians in the community.
- Healing Arts program, which uses the arts to help patients renew and enhance their mind, body, and spirit. This program offers services like massage and music, as well as nature walks and art in each hospital room, to help patients and community members to relax and feel better.
Colorado Charitable Events
Parker hospital offers annual charitable events like golf tournaments and art galas, in which Denver and Parker community members come together to give back. Last year, the hospital held a Heart of Hearts Gala at Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum. The event raised over $300,000 for breast cancer care and neurology at nearby hospitals. This year, the hospital is hosting a charitable Parker Golf Classic at the Colorado Golf Club, to raise money for the Emergency and Trauma Services department.
To celebrate 10 years of serving the Parker and Denver communities, the hospital, in conjunction with the Town of Parker, created an outdoor fitness path along the Sulphur Gulch Trail (a little south of Town Hall).
Parker Community Seminars
Parker Adventist Hospital is committed to community service, and offers a variety of free seminars to give back to the Denver/Parker community. The hospital offers frequent seminars on parenthood, from teaching expecting mothers the best breastfeeding techniques, to helping parents prepare their children for the arrival of a sibling. The hospital also offers free seminars on chronic ear problems such as hearing loss, and on joint replacement.
Bringing the Denver Community Together
Parker Adventist Hospital is committed to investing financial resources (more than $29 million dollars), to improve its local community. The Healing Arts program brings in local artists and musicians to produce art that facilitates healing. Parker Adventist Hospital also has three galleries, which house temporary art collections from local artists and schools.
By providing our local artists with a platform, funding, and visibility, Parker helps nurture Colorado’s artistic scene.
History of the Hospital
Parker Adventist Hospital was founded in 2004 as a full-feature, service oriented hospital now including nearly 60 specialties. At the BMCC, one of the things we appreciate about our partnership with Parker Adventist Hospital is our shared values: they’re deeply focused on caring for those in need, as part of Christ’s healing ministry. The hospital’s dedication to excellence and its focus on service make it a feature of the Parker and Denver community.
Awards and Recognitions
Parker Adventist Hospital has won a number of awards for its care and quality of service. Between 2014 and 2016 alone, the hospital won the following awards:
- 2016 Healthgrades 100 Best Hospitals – Critical Care (3rd year in a row)
- 2016 Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award (4th year in a row)
- 2016 Healthgrades General Surgery Excellence Award
- 2016 Healthgrades GI Care Excellence Award
- 2016 Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award
- 2015 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care
- 2015 Pulmonary Care Excellence
- 2015 Critical Care Excellence Award
- Colorado Parent magazine – Top 5 Family Favorite Hospital
- 2014-2015 US News & World Report, #7 out of 33 Denver metro hospitals and ranked #9 in the state of CO out of 102 hospitals
- 2014 Get With the Guidelines Platinum Award for Heart Failure
History of Our BMCC Practice
The Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado launched the Parker Adventist Hospital Bariatric Center of Excellence (COE) in 2010 for the hospital. Our practice has helped hundreds of patients to lose weight and keep it off with bariatric surgery, and we conduct regular free seminars on weight loss and health for the Denver/Parker community.
Dr. Long came to the BMCC in 2012, and under his direction as Medical Director of Bariatric surgery at Parker Adventist Hospital, the hospital has reached new heights in terms of excellence of care. Under Dr. Long’s leadership, the BMCC has achieved a 4.9 Healthgrades rating (rated by over 100 patients) and consistently ranks in the 99th percentile of patient satisfaction. Dr. Long and the BMCC also have a nationally recognized footprint and have been awarded national honors. Dr. Long serves as a national COE bariatric site reviewer as well as a co-author for the national Obesity Algorithm through the Obesity Medical Association (OMA). Additionally, Parker has been recognized as a best practices facility by the MBSAQIP.
Our mission is to help patients who are struggling with obesity to find meaningful long-term weight loss and recapture their health. That’s why we offer bariatric surgery as well as a number of other non-surgical weight loss solutions, so we can meet you at your point of need. We work hard to make your weight loss journey as safe and effective as humanly possible, and our patients see amazing results.
If you’re interested in losing weight and keeping it off, contact us today.
Parker Adventist Hospital
9395 Crown Crest Blvd
Parker, CO 80138